The State of Wisconsin has myvote site where you can register to vote, request an absentee ballot, view upcoming elections: https://myvote.wi.gov/
How to Register
Please Note: Valid Picture I.D. and Proof of Residence is required for any elector, who is not a military or overseas elector, who registers by mail and has not previously voted in an election in Wisconsin. A copy must be included when submitting the registration application. If it is not included, the elector will be required to supply it before being issued a ballot.
3. In Person: Register in the municipal clerk's office up to the close of business on the Friday before the election. Be sure to bring valid picture I.D. and valid proof of residence.
4. At the Polling Place on Election Day: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring valid picture I.D. and proof that you have lived at your present location for 10 days preceding the election. For purposes of voter registration, the identifying document constitutes acceptable proof of residence if it includes:
a. A current and complete name, including both the given and family name and
b. A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality.
Identifying documents must be valid on the day that an elector makes application for registration in order to constitute proof of residence.
Proof of Residence
Acceptable Forms of Identifying Documents that Serve as Proof of Residency are:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license.
- A current and valid Wisconsin identification card issued by the Department of Transportation.
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- An official identification card or license issued by an employer in the normal course of business that contains a photograph of the cardholder or license holder, but not including a business card.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election
Day - except for first-time voters registering by mail.
- A university, college, or technical institute fee card or identification card (must include photo).
- A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
- A bank statement.
- A paycheck.
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government.
How to Request an Absentee Ballot
You can request and vote an absentee ballot by mail. You must submit a written request containing the following information:
- Town of Calamus Address
- Date of Election(s)
- Address the absentee ballot should be mailed
- Contact Phone Number
or use the Application For Absentee Ballot (EL-121). Click Here!
Complete the form and mail it along with a copy of a valid picture I.D. to:
Marjorie Beilke, Clerk
W10897 Van Buren Road
Columbus, WI 53925
Regular Wisconsin voters may also request that a ballot be sent to them by sending an e-mail or fax to their municipal clerk. This request must be made no later than 5:00 p.m. on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be SENT to you. If you have not previously provided a copy of photo ID, photo ID must accompany your application.